These terms are effective as of December 21, 2017.
The Vortix Site is not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. By using the Vortix Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are not at least 18 years of age, do not access, use, register or purchase merchandise on the Vortix Site. In the event we become aware you are under 18, we will terminate your registration.
Changes to Our Site
You agree and understand that the Vortix Site, including any and all features available via the Vortix Site and any User Content (as defined below), may be modified by us, in our sole discretion, at any time without prior notice. Unless expressly stated otherwise, any new features, new services, enhancements or modifications to the Vortix Site implemented after your initial access to the Vortix Site shall be subject to these Terms. We do not actively monitor, and undertake no obligation to monitor or modify, any reviews, information, content, data, text, links to third party websites, User profile information, sounds, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials uploaded or made available via the Vortix Site by or on behalf of any User (all such items provided by or on behalf of Users, collectively, “User Content”). Nonetheless, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action, including legal action, in our sole discretion, against anyone who violates these Terms.
In order to access some features of the Vortix Site at the moment or in the future, you may be required to register and to select a password and user name, which shall consist of an email address you provide (“User ID”). To register, use the registration form available by clicking the “register” link near the top of any page on the Vortix Site. If you register, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete registration information, and to inform us immediately of any updates or other changes to such information. For example, you may not: (i) enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or (ii) use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization. Failure to comply with the terms of this paragraph shall constitute a material breach of these Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account. In addition, we reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, a User ID in our discretion.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password, whether or not you authorize such activities. Any User ID and password for your access to the Vortix Site shall be for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your User ID or password of which you become aware, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Use of the Vortix Site/License/Services
Vortix.io grants you a limited license to make personal use of the Vortix Site. This license grant does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Vortix Site or content therein; (b) the collection and use of any product listings or descriptions; (c) making derivative uses of the Vortix Site and its contents; or (d) use of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the Vortix Site. Except as noted above, Users of the Vortix Site are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Vortix Invest or any third party.
You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Vortix trademark, logo, content or other proprietary information (including the images found at this Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without Vortix express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing a Vortix name, trademark, or product name without Vortix express written consent.
Any unauthorized use of the Vortix Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Terms and may violate copyright laws, trademark laws (including trade dress), and communications regulations and statutes. All violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Permitted uses of the Vortix Site include soliciting opinions, ideas and other input from Users; sharing ideas and opinions with other Users, searching the Vortix Site for User Content (as defined herein) and business or product information, and purchasing goods or services from the Vortix Site. You may also invite people you know to join the Vortix Site. You acknowledge and agree that we do not control the User Content posted to the Vortix Site, or any links to other websites, including the content of any messages posted by Users, and that we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User Content. You further understand and agree that we do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements or other User Content posted on or otherwise displayed on or transmitted via our site. All User Content, including advice and opinions posted by Users, comprises the views and responsibility of those who post such User Content, and does not necessarily represent our views. You understand that, by using the Vortix Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
Restrictions on Rights to Use
Without limiting the generality of any other provisions of these Terms, you agree you shall not (and you agree not to allow any other individual or entity using your User ID to):
- Download, modify, reproduce, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, sell, rent, license, or in any way commercially exploit any portion of the Vortix Site, except and to the extent expressly permitted under these Terms;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on the Vortix Site;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Vortix Site;
- Collect any information about other Users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and/or share reviews with other Users;
- Reformat or frame any portion of any Web pages that are part of the Vortix Site;
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- Create or transmit to other Users unsolicited electronic communications, such as “spam,”
- Submit to the Vortix Site any content that falsely states or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- Transmit or upload into our Site any item containing or embodying any virus, worm, defect, Trojan horse, software bomb or other feature designed to damage or degrade in any manner the performance of our site, any other Web site, or any computer or other device or system
- Use the Vortix Site to violate the security of or gain unauthorized access to any computer or computer network or other device or system (including unauthorized attempts to discover passwords or security encryption codes);
- Submit to the Vortix Site any content that is unlawful or facilitates, constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal activity; or otherwise use the Vortix Site to transfer or store illegal material, including any material deemed threatening or obscene;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data or traffic load on the Site or the IT infrastructure used to operate and make the Vortix Site available;
- Use the Vortix Site and/or any User Content, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law; or
- Collect or store personal data about other Users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
User Content Posted on the Sears Site
- Subject to the following restrictions, registered Users may post, upload or transmit User Content on the Site. Without limiting the generality of any other provisions of these Terms, you agree:
- You may not post, upload or transmit any User Content that (i) infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity or privacy right or other proprietary right of any party, or (ii) is proprietary to a third party, without such third party’s prior written consent.
- You understand and agree that we do not monitor but reserve the right to review and delete any User Content, including User Content that, in our sole discretion, (i) violates these Terms, (ii) is offensive or illegal, or (iii) may harm, violate the rights of or threaten the safety of any User and/or any other individual or entity.
- You are solely responsible for any User Content you post, publish or display on the Site or transmit to Users. We reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and any other User, or any other entity or individual, in connection with the Vortix Site. You are solely responsible for the resolution of any disputes that arise between you and any other User or any other entity or individual.
- You will post only User Content you believe in good faith to be true and accurate, and you will not post any User Content that is false, inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent.
- You understand that Vortix may be working on the same or a similar idea or concept to any ideas, expression of ideas or other materials you submit within your User Content, or that Vortix may already know of such an idea or concept from other sources, or that Vortix may simply wish to develop this (or a similar idea) on its own or it may have taken/will take some other action.
- In return for your access to and use of the Vortix Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms enumerated below with respect to any User Content you submit on the Vortix Site:
- To the best of your knowledge, the User Content represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the User Content to us and in doing so Vortix’s use of the User Content will not infringe upon any other individual’s or entity’s rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your User Content to Vortix does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate Vortix to treat the User Content (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that Vortix has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your User Content and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of User Content, or other content derived from your User Content. You understand that Vortix assumes no obligation with respect to any User Content. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your idea. In the absence of a separate formal contact, your rights shall be limited to those existing under the patent laws of Singapore.
- If your User Content is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact to Vortix.
Vortix retains the right to remove any User Content from its websites that in Vortix’s sole discretion violates any of the restrictions or guidelines defined in these Terms.
If you believe any User Content or any other aspect of the Vortix Site infringes your copyright, you should send written notice of copyright infringement to our designated copyright agent at the address given below. Your notice must provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Vortix Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright at issue or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright at issue.
Please address your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
As between you and us, the Vortix Site, including all photographs, images, text, graphics, icons, audio clips, software and other aspects thereof (excluding User Content), all improvements or modifications thereof, all derivative works based thereon, and the collection, arrangement, and assembly of the Vortix Site, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights in the foregoing, are owned by us. As between you and us, subject to any licenses and rights expressly granted herein, any User Content posted by you is owned by you. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be deemed to grant to you or any other User any rights, title or interest in or to any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of ours.
Any trademarks, service marks, and other marks and indicators of source or origin that are displayed on the Vortix Site are the proprietary property of Vortix.io or their respective owners, as applicable. None of such marks may be used in connection with any other product or service in a manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, or to disparage or discredit the owner of such mark or its affiliates. Any trademarks of third parties that appear on the Vortix Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us. You may not use, copy, modify or display any of the trademarks, service marks, names or logos appearing on the Vortix Site without the express written permission of the trademark owner.
Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to grant to you or any other User any license or right in or to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of Vortix.
Third Party Advertisements and Links to Third Party Sites
We may display advertisements from third parties on the Vortix Site, such as banner advertisements, pop-up texts, and links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the content of such advertisements or links, or for any products, services or other materials relating to such advertisements, any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. The display of any advertisement or link does not imply endorsement by us of the advertisement or linked site or any content therein.
Changes to Terms
We reserve the right to make changes at any time to these Terms. Any modifications to these Terms will be effective upon posting. You agree to review the Terms periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Vortix Site after any modifications indicates your acceptance of the modified Terms.
By visiting the Vortix Site, you agree that the laws of Singapore, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Vortix.
Contact and Violations
Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms. Please report any violations of the Terms to email@example.com